This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure for details at the bottom of this page. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases on this strawberry soju cocktail recipe. I hope you enjoy learning about soju and strawberries!
Are you ready for spring fruit to come into season? Strawberries taste best when the weather warms and flowers bloom. During that season, I enjoy this delicious berry to the fullest by adding it to baked goods, sweet desserts, salads, and more! One of my favorite uses is adding strawberries to alcoholic and nonalcoholic beverages.
In this article, I will teach you how to use ripe strawberries to make a delicious Korea-inspired strawberry soju cocktail. Then, I will answer some questions you may have about this recipe! Let me know if you try making this delicious spring cocktail at home!
Before we get started, I want to list further Carving A Journey soju-based drinks you may enjoy!
What Is a Strawberry Soju Cocktail?
My strawberry soju cocktail recipe is the perfect light, refreshing beverage for the warm spring and hot summer. To make this drink, I use the strawberry simple syrup I previously introduced on my website. This simple syrup can be used for countless dessert and drink recipes, including this one!
In a tall glass, combine fresh strawberries with strawberry simple syrup, soju, lime juice, and bubbly club soda. All you need to do is give your drink a quick stir, top it with ice, and add a sprig of fresh mint.
Enjoy this cocktail while socializing on your porch or barbecuing in the backyard! I also enjoy it when eating other strawberry-based treats such as a Victoria sponge cake!
Further Carving a Journey Strawberry Recipes:
- Korean Strawberry Milk
- Strawberry Matcha Latte
- Strawberry Bingsu
- Strawberry Simple Syrup (for Drinks, Cocktails, and Desserts)
Strawberry Soju Cocktail Ingredients:
Below, I list the ingredients used to make this strawberry soju cocktail recipe:
Ingredients to Make Strawberry Simple Syrup:
- Fresh Strawberries (or Frozen)
Ingredients to Make This Strawberry Soju Cocktail:
Strawberry Soju Cocktail Tips & Tricks:
Here, I list some helpful tips & tricks to help you make this strawberry soju cocktail recipe. I hope these tips help! If you have any questions, you can leave a comment below or email me at [email protected].
How to Make Strawberry Simple Syrup:
- In a small saucepan, combine your sugar and water. Over medium heat, continuously stir the mixture until the sugar completely dissolves.
- Once the sugar dissolves, add the sliced or chunked strawberries. Cook on low, allowing the mixture to bubble on a low simmer until the fruit breaks down (10 to 15 minutes). As the pieces of fruit cook and soften, mash them to get all the flavor out of them.
- Finally, strain the simple syrup through a fine mesh sieve, strainer, or cheesecloth to remove all the seeds. The mixture will be HOT.
- Let the mixture cool to room temperature in the clean, sterilized jar, then store it in the refrigerator. Because we are not sealing the jar like you would for canning and pickling, you need to store this syrup in the refrigerator.
- Note: The mixture will look thin when hot, it thickens as it cools.
While I think homemade strawberry simple syrup tastes better, you can always buy some instead if you do not want to make it!
How to Make This Strawberry Soju Cocktail:
Once you let your simple syrup cool, you can quickly and easily make this strawberry soju cocktail recipe! Excitingly, you can make it in the glass without needing to dirty a cocktail shaker!
- To make this drink start by placing slices of fresh strawberries and lime in your highball glass.
- Next, slowly combine all the liquid ingredients.
- Finally, add ice until you completely fill the glass. Give it all a quick stir if you want to make sure everything is combined.
- Garnish with fresh mint and a few more fresh strawberries! Enjoy!
Strawberry Soju Cocktail Frequently Asked Questions:
Now that we learned some tips & tricks for this recipe, I want to answer some questions you may have as well! If I do not answer your question, once again, feel free to leave a comment in the section below or email me at [email protected].
What Does This Strawberry Soju Cocktail Taste Like?
This strawberry soju cocktail is sweet, fruity, light, and refreshing. Adding mint makes it the perfect cocktail to enjoy during the warmer months of spring and summer!!
Does This Recipe Contain Major Allergens? (Gluten, Soy, Etc.)
This recipe does not contain 9 of the 9 major allergens. It does not contain:
- Crustacean shellfish
- Tree nuts
- Wheat (Gluten)
That being said, strawberry allergies are surprisingly common. If you have a strawberry allergy, please refrain from making this strawberry soju cocktail recipe!
Is This Recipe Vegetarian or Vegan?
This recipe is naturally vegetarian and vegan as it does not contain any animal byproducts!
Where Do I Buy the Ingredients?
You can buy all the necessary ingredients, except soju, to make this delicious cocktail recipe at your local well-stocked grocery store!
While some grocery stores carry soju, you may need to go to a liquor store or Asian grocery store to find this ingredient.
How Do I Store Leftovers?
For this recipe, I recommend storing the leftover ingredients in separate containers. Below, I explain how you should store each ingredient:
- To store leftover strawberry simple syrup, place the thick mixture into a sterilized airtight container (such as a jar). Then, place it in the refrigerator.
- Next, to store the soju, screw the cap back on and place the alcohol into the refrigerator.
- Then, if you have leftover fresh strawberries, place them unwashed back into the refrigerator. Use fresh strawberries within a few days so they do not spoil.
- Fresh limes can also be stored in containers in the refrigerator.
- Finally, soda water (club soda) can be stored in the pantry or refrigerator.
I Hope You Enjoyed Learning How to Make This Strawberry Soju Cocktail!
In the end, I hope you enjoyed learning how to make this strawberry soju cocktail! If so, let me know in the comment section!
If you would like to read more about cooking, you can find further recipes on this blog. I listed some of my favorite Carving A Journey recipes below! For reference, many recipes are influenced by my family’s blended Korean and Southern heritage.
Further Carving A Journey Recipes:
If you have any questions or comments, you can also email me at [email protected].
And, finally, I would love to hear from you through our social media as well! You can follow me at @carvingajourney on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest. I also started a vlog Youtube channel with my husband!
If you would like more articles like these, you can subscribe to the blog by joining the mailing list. Let me know if you try making this strawberry soju cocktail recipe! Thank you so much for stopping by!
Carving A Journey is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. Although we may earn commissions for our endorsement, recommendation, testimonial, and/or link to any products or services from this website, these opinions are my own and I fully support these products.